Colombia to begin easing restrictions from the start of June

first_img“The pandemic hasn’t gone away,” Duque said in his televised nightly address. “This is going to be a very important month for all of us.”Sectors like retail and non-COVID-related medical care can begin normalizing gradually once the lockdown ends, but large events, bars and nightclubs will continue to be closed. Restaurants will be open for takeaway orders only, Duque said.”We are not reviving social life,” Duque said. “We have to continue protecting health and lives and going forward we have to adapt to a disease that will be around for a long time.”Even as restrictions begin to ease, public transport in cities must not exceed 35% of their capacity and land borders will continue to be closed. International flights, domestic flights and inter-city buses will continue to be suspended. As part of the relaxed rules, children aged 2 to 5 years old will be allowed out three times a week for 30 minutes from the first of June, while those aged 6 to 17 will be permitted outside three times a week for up to an hour.Adults under 70 years old will be allowed out three times a week for up to two hours at a time. People aged 70 and over are considered a high-risk population and should remain at home, though they may go out for 30 minutes three times a week. Colombia will begin easing restrictions put in place to control the spread of the coronavirus starting from June, President Ivan Duque said Wednesday, though he asked the public to continue isolating at home and keep using measures to contain the disease.Colombia has reported more than 24,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus, as well as 803 deaths.The country began a nationwide quarantine in late March.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Development designed and developed by architect Joe Adsett

first_img Botanic at New Farm has spectacular views.Mr Williams said several “right sizers’’ were looking at the four-bedroom apartment configuration which included two living areas.“The right sizer is not ready to downsize, but they want a lifestyle change. They don’t want to deal with maintaining their apartment on the weekend, they would rather be out and about,” Mr Williams said.“New Farm Park is right there. You don’t have to mow New Farm Park, it’s all done for you.”Mr Williams said the buyers so far had been young professionals in their 30s, same-sex couples through to retirees.“It’s 100 per cent owner-occupiers that have bought here,” he said.The pet-friendly development allows for two pets per apartment, subject to body corporate approval. MORE QLD REAL ESTATE: BOTANIC Full-floor apartments in blue-chip suburb Auctions raking in millions Botanic at New Farm.The choice to look out over New Farm Park or soak up city views is proving popular with buyers at Botanic.Designed and developed by award-winning architect Joe Adsett, the new 17-unit development on Sydney St, offers buyers a choice of two, three and four-bedroom apartments.Apartments at Botanic are currently being sold by Place New Farm’s Heath Williams and Peter Hutton, from Hutton & Hutton Real Estate.center_img One of the spacious bedrooms at Botanic.Buyers have direct lift access to their apartments and all owners have side-by-side garages with roller doors.“There isn’t a bad apartment in this building,” Mr Williams said. “Buyers have the choice to live city side or parkside and we’re seeing the interest is pretty even.’’More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus10 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market10 hours ago Developer: Joe Adsett Price: Two bedrooms $1,270,000; three bedrooms $1,590,000 –$3,250,000; four bedrooms $2,100,000 –$2,750,000 Location: 130-134 Sydney St, New Farm. The sales display suite is at 938-940 Brunswick St, New Farm. Most popular suburbs among first home buyers More than 60 per cent of Botanic at New Farm has sold.Mr Williams said with construction underway, more than 60 per cent of the development had sold.He described the finishing touches to the project as “high-end luxury”.“When the architect is the developer there is a vested interest in what is drawn gets built,” Mr Williams said.The apartments have several features including Miele appliances, integrated double-door refrigeration, an outdoor fridge, a wine fridge and a barbecue.last_img read more

North Central Speedway opener drawing entries from across Upper Midwest

first_imgIMCA Modifieds, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks, Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods and Mach-1 Sport Compacts are on the card on the fast 1/3-mile dirt oval at Brainerd. The grandstands will be closed and all drivers and pit crew members must be pre-registered by 5 p.m. on Friday.  Promoter Holly Orpen has already fielded a barrage of phone calls from drivers in all of those divisions.  IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, regional and E3 Spark Plugs State, but no track points will be awarded and a 2020 IMCA competitor’s license is required for all drivers. “We have been getting a lot of calls from all over, North Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota of course. There are a lot of people excited about starting the season,” Orpen said of the first race of 2020 in Minnesota. “We’ve been doing track prep, calling the governor’s office and working with the county to follow recommended guidelines.” center_img Social distancing rules will be in effect and are posted the track’s racencs.net website and Facebook. Except for drivers when they are in their cars, masks must be worn by everyone on the speedway grounds. BRAINERD, Minn. – Five IMCA divisions will go three, four and five-wide when they open the season this Saturday, May 9 at North Central Speedway. More information is available from Orpen at 320 201-0124. The event will be broadcast by Speed Sport TV affiliate Dirt Race Central.last_img read more

Trump Threatens to Classify Antifa as Terrorist Group

first_imgLast week, authorities in Portland warned residents to stay home as far-right groups were planning a weekend rally to put an “end to domestic terrorism,” with a focus on Antifa extremist groups. The officials feared that the rally would attract both right-wing extremists and Antifa counter-demonstrators, resulting in violence.However, the far-right group “Proud Boys” claimed success on Saturday evening, while promising to hold monthly protests in Portland. Rose City Antifa, which is Portland’s anti-fascist activist organization, countered with a demonstration of its own.Portland Police Lieutenant Tina Jones says that 1,200 people representing both sides took part in the nine hours of protests and counter-protests, and at least 13 arrests were made. Six people also suffered minor injuries. President Trump is calling for Antifa to be a designated an “organization of domestic terror.”He posted on Twitter, just before the left-wing anti-fascist demonstrators were expected to counter-protest a gathering of far-right and extremist groups in Portland, Oregon on Saturday:Major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an “ORGANIZATION OF TERROR.” Portland is being watched very closely. Hopefully the Mayor will be able to properly do his job!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 17, 2019last_img read more

Tigers Outlast Red Riots

first_img admin House fire in Winter Harbor – October 27, 2014 ORONO — Mike Crowley, Matt Boyle and Matt Manning provided much of the offense for the Tigers, who edged the Red Riots 12-10 on Friday.Crowley had a two-run homer and a pair of singles, Boyle doubled twice and Manning had two singles as the Tigers got their first win of the season. Bio Latest posts by admin (see all) State budget vs. job creation – January 22, 2015 Hancock County Court News Nov. 3 thorugh Dec. 11 – January 22, 2015 Latest Posts This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textlast_img

Cricket News Asia Cup 2018: Top 5 controversial moments from previous edition

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Asia Cup 2018 is set to begin from today (September 15) at the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with six teams – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and Hong Kong – participating in Asia’s biggest cricketing tournament. Asia Cup, in its previous editions, have witnessed many controversial moments, but the 2016 edition, which India won by defeating Bangladesh in the final, saw many heated moments, some with the umpires, some within the players. Controversial decisions always spice things up, for the neutral fans – it is a pinch of ‘masala’. As we reminisce about the Asia Cup, let us take a look at some of the controversial moments that made the headlines in Asia Cup’s previous edition.ALSO READ: Rohit & unique records might lead Kohli-less India to trophy triumph Shakib Al Hasan broke the stumps with his batDuring Pakistan vs Bangladesh in the Asia Cup 2016, Shakib Al Hasan landed in trouble after he hit the stumps with his bat due to sheer frustration. He was given an official reprimand by the ICC for breaching the Level 1 of ICC Code of Conduct.According to a press release by ICC, Bangladesh’s all-rounder was found to have breached Article 2.1.8 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “abuse of cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings during an International match”.The incident happened in the 18th over when Pakistan’s Mohammad Amir uprooted Shakib’s stumps to garner such a furious reaction from the Bangladeshi. Thisara Perera’s baffling stumping decision The umpiring decision during India vs Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup 2006 baffled everyone as Sri Lankan hot shot Thisara Perera was given out of a Dhoni stumping even though he had made his ground. The shocker occurred in the 19th over when Thisara Perera came down the track only for Ravichandran Ashwin to bowl a wide delivery to fox out Perera. The leg-umpire Shozab Raza gave him out in a jiffy but the replays show he was comfortably in. The on-field umpires decided not to review the decision and Perera was given the marching orders. ALSO READ: Asia Cup 2018 begins today; Know complete schedule, date, timingsMohammad Sami no balls mysteryPakistani seamer Mohammad Sami had a nightmare of an Asia Cup in 2006 after he bowled two no balls in the 19th over when Bangladesh required 18 runs from two.  Mashrafe Mortaza was caught at long off, but it was Sami’s first no ball of the over. In Sami’s second no ball, Mahmuddullah smashed a boundary to pile misery on Pakistan and Sami. The game was taken away in that over and the Tigers won the match. When MS Dhoni lost his coolAsia Cup 2016 was infamous for the umpiring decision. It hit such a low that event the ‘captain cool’ MS Dhoni lost his temper after Pakistan’s Khurram Manzoor was given not out even after edging the ball during an Ashish Nehra over in high-octane India vs Pakistan match. Dhoni ran up to the on-field umpire to have a chat but the decision was not overturned, neither a referral was taken.ALSO READ: WATCH: Inzamam-ul-Haq attacks Indian fan for calling him aloo, motuMS Dhoni-Taskin Ahmed photoshopped imageThe morphed image of Bangladesh’s Taskin Ahmed holding MS Dhoni’s head created a huge social media meltdown as angry Indian fans launched anti-Bangladesh campaigns over the social media. Cricket is known as ‘Gentlemen’s Game’ and controversies like this have no place in it. When asked about the incident, team manager Ravi Shastri had then said that players don’t read newspapers and their main job is to play cricket. The incident became so massive because it was just before the all-important final of the Asia Cup 2016. last_img read more

New Chelsea Boss, Sarri Vows to Improve Hazard

first_imgNew Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri says he wants to keep Eden Hazard at the club and “improve” the Belgium forward.Hazard, who has been linked with Real Madrid, said last weekend “it might be time to discover something different” after six years at Stamford Bridge.Sarri, speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, described Hazard as “one of the top two or three European players”. The former Napoli boss said: “Hazard is a very high-level player. I hope that I will manage to improve him.”Roberto Martinez, the Belgium manager, told Spanish radio recently that Hazard should consider leaving Chelsea to further his career.The forward, for his part, responded to the Real Madrid reports by telling journalists last Saturday: “You know my preferred destination.“I can decide if I want to stay or go but Chelsea will make the final decision – if they want to let me go.”Sarri said he wanted to meet Hazard, who is away on holiday after representing Belgium at the World Cup.“I would like to have fun during the week with him. This would mean very good results and mean we would have been very competitive during the season,” added the 59-year-old Italian.Asked if he planned to phone Hazard – or any other player linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge – Sarri added: “A telephone call without looking them in the eye would not give me any certainty.“I’d like to meet them face to face. I would also like a player to come on the [training] pitch four or five days to have a clear idea.”Sarri suggested that England defender Gary Cahill has a future at Stamford Bridge, despite reports that the new manager is looking at signing centre-back Daniele Rugani from Juventus.Sarri said he was one of the few managers who was “bored” by the transfer market and that his aim was to inject “fun” into his squad.“I feel more a pitch manager than a general manager,” he added.“I think that I am one of the few managers who is bored by the transfer market. I don’t want to talk about the transfer market and I am not interested in it.”Sarri conducted most of his news conference in Italian although he is able to speak English.He said: “I have to say sorry to everybody because my English is not so good. I don’t want to say anything wrong. I hope I will be able to do it [speak English] in a few weeks.”Sarri added: “I need to have fun in order to do well. My goal is to have fun while I am here.“The club have asked me to build a season where we have to be competitive in all competitions and in order to do that we must get to March and April in all competitions.”Sarri replaces Antonio Conte, who was sacked by Chelsea despite winning the Premier League in 2016-17 and the FA Cup in 2017-18.Chelsea’s new boss has yet to win a major trophy in his managerial career but said he was “not afraid” of the challenge ahead.“If I was someone who always worried I probably would do another job,” he said.“Our job means risks but there is also a lot of satisfaction. I am not afraid.”Last season, Chelsea finished 30 points behind champions Manchester City, managed by Sarri’s friend Pep Guardiola.“He is a class act, a champion and a genius,” Sarri added.Asked what he wanted to be called after Jose Mourinho announced himself as ‘The Special One’ upon arriving at Chelsea in 2004, Sarri added: “Just call me Maurizio.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

En Marche appoints banking collective to table an FDJ IPO

first_img Related Articles Share Flutter calls for £850m private placement capitalising on disruptions May 28, 2020 Submit Share The French government has accelerated its plans to privatise state-owned lottery and sports betting operator Francaise des Jeux (FDJ), appointing a collective of eight investment banks to work on the sale of the asset.This week, the APE, the agency overseeing the management French state-owned firms, confirmed that BNP Paribas would be joined by Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, Credit Agricole, HSBC, Natixis, dit Industriel et Commercial (CIC) and Societe Generale, to coordinate an institutional share sale.The move sees the French government point towards an initial public offering for the sale of its 72% stake in FDJ, Europe’s second-largest lottery operator.In April 2018, the En Marche government-appointed BNP Paribas, to lead a strategic assessment of FDJ privatisation options.The sale of FDJ forms part of President Emmanuel Macron’s guiding ‘PACTE Loi – Business Growth and Transformation Programme’, which was formally approved by the French Senate last April, allowing the government to divest options in a number of state-owned enterprises.Despite criticism by trade unions of Macron’s ‘PACTE mandate’, En Marche maintains that France will divest its holdings in FDJ and airport operator Aéroports de Paris (ADP) by the end of 2019.The collective of banks will draw-up an FDJ IPO prospectus, which will be presented to the French Markets Authority (AMF) for approval, as En Marche moves to fulfil a key directive of its PACTE mandate.The planned divestment of FDJ will likely lead to wholesale reforms of French gambling laws, as last June the French Assembly instructed En Marche to create a new gambling regulatory authority, supervising all disciplines of French gambling.To date, French gambling regulation is governed by three separate bodies, with ARJEL monitoring online gambling services, the finance ministry regulating betting activities, and horseracing governed by the French Agricultural Department.The French Assembly details that Post-FDJ, En Marche should push to form a ‘unified framework’ ending the ‘double guardianship’ which has been inflicted on a number of gambling disciplines. StumbleUpon French racing secures ‘conditional approval’ on restart programme May 4, 2020 ANJ takes charge of new French gambling era June 22, 2020last_img read more

Asamoah Gyan assist saves NorthEast United in 1-1 draw with Jamshedpur

first_imgGhana’s Asamoah Gyan played his part in helping NorthEast United to get themselves a 1-1 draw at Jamshedpur on Monday in the Indian Super League.In the final minute of injury time, Gyan flicked on a cross for his team mate Panagiotis Triadis who stabbed the ball home to earn them a share of the points.NorthEast United had fallen behind in the 28th minute to a Sergio Castel goal and they had been struggling to get back into the game.Gyan’s assist fetched him the DHL Winning Pass of the Match award. The draw sends NorthEast United, who are undefeated so far in the league, to 4th on the Indian Super League table on 10 points.last_img